Welcome to Thomas Land, the ultimate destination for family fun! Located in the heart of the UK, just 30 minutes drive from Birmingham city centre Thomas Land is a theme park within a theme park based on the popular children’s television show, Thomas & Friends. With over 25 rides and attractions, Thomas Land is the perfect place for a day of fun and adventure.
From the thrilling roller coasters within Drayton Manor to gentle rides for the little ones, there’s something for everyone. In this guide, we’ll take a look at some of the best rides and attractions at Thomas Land and beyond so you can make the most of your visit. So, let’s get started!
The Best Rides and Attractions for Toddlers at Thomas Land
1. Troublesome Trucks Runaway Coaster
This is a gentle roller coaster ride that takes toddlers on a fun journey around the Island of Sodor. It is a great way to introduce toddlers to the world of roller coasters. The ride features a spiral descent which is fast paced and you get to go twice around the track too.
2. Harold’s Helicopter Tour
This is a fun ride that takes toddlers on a tour of the Island of Sodor in Harold the Helicopter. It is a great way to get a bird’s eye view of the attractions as it goes up high enough to see most of Thomas Land. There’s great photo opportunities with several models of the trains to pose with just outside of the queue area
3. Bertie Bus
This is a fun ride that takes toddlers on a tour of the Island of Sodor in Bertie the Bus. It is a great way to explore the island and get a close-up view of the attractions.
4. Cranky’s Drop Tower
This is a great way to introduce toddlers to the world of drop towers, it’s fairly gentle and not too high but was enough to get Arlo squealing with delight as his feet finally returned to the ground. He wanted to go on twice because the first time he had his eyes closed and the view was too good to miss.
5. Toby’s Tram Express
This is a fun ride that takes toddlers on a tour of the Island of Sodor in Toby the Tram. It is a great way to explore the island and get a close-up view of the attractions.
6. Sir Topham Hatt’s Railway
This is a fun ride that takes toddlers on a tour beyond the Island of Sodor in Sir Topham Hatt’s Railway. It is a great way to explore the wider Park, when you disembark you’ll find the dinosaur walkthrough, a fabulous play area and the zoo with all sorts of creatures to encounter. Make sure to visit the station in Thomas Land for show times and the chance to meet the big man himself.
7. Thomas and Percy‘s Submarine Splash
This is the newest ride to open in Thomas Land and is a gentle version of the most popular theme park rides to ever exist. It consists of a slowly meandering boat ride and two drop splashes which are ideal for little ones to get their first water ride encounter.
Tips for Planning the Perfect Day at Thomas Land
1. Plan Ahead: Before you visit Thomas Land, it is important to plan ahead. Research the park and decide which rides and attractions you would like to experience. Make sure to check the park’s website for opening times and ticket prices as well as any special offers.
2. Arrive Early: To make the most of your day, it is best to arrive at the park early. This will give you plenty of time to explore the park and enjoy all the rides and attractions. The early bird gets the worm so to speak so join the rides which usually have the longest queue first so you don’t have to waste time later on in the day waiting.
3. Bring a Picnic and a bag of snacks: To save money, it is a good idea to bring a picnic lunch. This will also give you a chance to take a break and refuel before continuing your day. There are plenty of places to pause and relax and it’s also useful when you are standing and waiting in queues.
4. Wear Comfortable Clothing: Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes. This will ensure that you are able to enjoy all the rides and attractions without any discomfort – if you’re wearing loose shoes you will have to take them off for some rides. I managed to put in about 12,000 steps during our day so I was glad I wore my trainers.
5. Take Breaks: Don’t forget to take breaks throughout the day. This will give you a chance to rest and recharge before continuing your day. With the zoo, play areas and a 4D cinema there’s plenty to do after lunch to keep the food down and there’s also some great family friendly rides in the wider park area if Thomas Land gets over stimulating.
6. Have Fun: Most importantly, remember to have fun! Thomas Land is a great place to make memories and enjoy a day of fun and adventure. Theres usually a show every couple of hours and a chance to get a character photo with Sir Topham Hat at the station shortly
& lastly – do not forget to go and explore the wider park. Drayton Manor has lots to offer beyond Thomas land, you might be surprised to find out which rides you can try out (based on your child’s height). There’s a 4D cinema, the zoo, play area, dinosaur walk through and so much more.
Last Updated on 7 months by Lavania Oluban