Here is where I’m going to collate all of our winter themed projects – Arlo is three and due to start school in September. We don’t have a strict schedule or routine, I just like to try out new activities at home when we can, and try to stick to a theme for a week or two and incorporate messy play, arts and crafts, baking, nature and whatever we can to reinforce the learning new ideas and encourage creativity. play along with us and let us know how you get on.
- The Botanical GardensNow that spring has finally made an appearance there’s an abundance of colour bursting in to life at the Botanical Gardens. We have been visiting the gardens since the 1980’s when I was a little girl so trips to the gardens are always nostalgic for me. There’s some areas of the gardens which remain unchanged […]
- Cycling at Kingsbury Water ParkWe had a wonderful afternoon at Kingsbury Water Park, we opted to hire bicycles to make sure we could see as much of the space as possible – and with fifteen different lakes and 600 acres to explore we will most certainly be coming back again. The best bit about Kingsbury for Arlo was the […]
- Exploring Middleton HallThis beautiful Manor House and it’s grounds is certainly worth a visit if you’re in the Midlands, it’s just around the corner from Kingsbury water park, and makes for a delightful couple of hours outdoors. The hall is currently closed due to covid restrictions but with spring in bloom there’s plenty to explore within the […]
- Hone is where the heart (and office) is.The last twelve months has been a time of upheavals for everyone. We’ve all had time to reassess our priorities and for many of us it’s not likely that we’ll be going “back to normal” once lockdown finally ends. Working from home made me really value my living space and I decided back last spring […]
- Home learning with Play OsmoThe school holidays are about to commence, another few weeks at home, after only being back for a few weeks seems almost crazy! We’ve covered every messy play idea imaginable and it’s fabulous that parks and tourist attractions are starting to open up. Like most families we all still need a bit of down time […]