Here is where I’m going to collate all of our outings as we head out and about after a year of lockdown. We like exploring and so will continue share our experiences as we re-visit some of our most favourite local attractions and then venture further afield. We will share our feelings about value for money, and the facilities from car parking post codes to toilets and of course ice cream availability. I’ll also be able to share any changes we experience in this “new normal” which might give you a heads up if you’re planning an adventure of your own. After the last twelve months being stuck indoors we are determined to make the most of this summer and never take the small things for granted again.
- The Botanical GardensNow that spring has finally made an appearance there’s an abundance of colour bursting in to life at the Botanical Gardens. We have been visiting the gardens since the 1980’s when I was a little girl so trips to the gardens are always nostalgic for me. There’s some areas of the gardens which remain unchanged […]
- Cycling at Kingsbury Water ParkWe had a wonderful afternoon at Kingsbury Water Park, we opted to hire bicycles to make sure we could see as much of the space as possible – and with fifteen different lakes and 600 acres to explore we will most certainly be coming back again. The best bit about Kingsbury for Arlo was the […]
- Exploring Middleton HallThis beautiful Manor House and it’s grounds is certainly worth a visit if you’re in the Midlands, it’s just around the corner from Kingsbury water park, and makes for a delightful couple of hours outdoors. The hall is currently closed due to covid restrictions but with spring in bloom there’s plenty to explore within the […]
- The Easter trail at Trentham GardensWe have been out and about again today and this time our travels took us to Trentham Gardens, which are amongst the finest in Britain. A week ahead of Easter there has been a Beatrix Potter themed trail added to the grounds. You can book online to visit the gardens. Tickets are £12 for adults […]
- Bodenham ArboretumBodenham has become another one of our most favourite outdoor places to explore, and is a hidden treasure of the Midlands. As you turn in to the main drive you’re greeted with a landscape of rolling hills and in spring time there’s plenty of lambs to see skipping in the fields. The visitor centre is […]