Here is where I’m going to collate all of our outings as we head out and about after a year of lockdown. We like exploring and so will continue share our experiences as we re-visit some of our most favourite local attractions and then venture further afield. We will share our feelings about value for money, and the facilities from car parking post codes to toilets and of course ice cream availability. I’ll also be able to share any changes we experience in this “new normal” which might give you a heads up if you’re planning an adventure of your own. After the last twelve months being stuck indoors we are determined to make the most of this summer and never take the small things for granted again.
- The map of wondersThe team at Map of Wonders reached out recently and asked if we would like to review one of their maps. Of course we jumped at the chance, we live going on adventures and often end up in a random corner of the U.K. looking forward something fun to make the most of the trip. […]
- Think Tank at Millennium PointFinally one of Arlo’s favourite places to visit in Birmingham has re-opened and we were delighted to be given press tickets to visit and explore this weekend. Navigating around the ever changing roadworks in the city centre was a nightmare but eventually we found the car park and arrived at five minutes before our ticket […]
- A return to sports clubsWhen I was on maternity leave I signed Arlo up to every baby group I possibly could. Originally because this gave me the chance to connect with parents of babies the same age. It gave us a routine and something to do every day, as being away from work meant that I thirsted for social […]
- Returning to the West Midlands Safari ParkEvery day for the last three months Arlo has been asking to go to the Safari park – as annual pass holders we would visit regularly prior to lockdown and it’s quite literally one of his most favourite places to visit and so of course it had to be the first place we went to […]
- The Botanical GardensNow that spring has finally made an appearance there’s an abundance of colour bursting in to life at the Botanical Gardens. We have been visiting the gardens since the 1980’s when I was a little girl so trips to the gardens are always nostalgic for me. There’s some areas of the gardens which remain unchanged […]